574E Teacher Education Building
- Ph D Educational Linguistics, Stanford University, Graduate School of Education, 2014
- MA Linguistics, Stanford University, Department of Linguistics, 2013
- MS Biology, Stanford University, Department of Biology, 2012
- MS Curriculum and Instruction – Teaching English as a Second Language, University of Wisconsin, Whitewater, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, 2005
- BS Agriculture (Ingeniero Agrónomo) Gamma Sigma Delta, Zamorano University, 1998
- Román, D., del Rosal, K., & Basaraba, D. (2019) Constructing Explanations in Science: Informal Formative Assessment Practices among Science Teachers of Emergent Bilinguals Research in Science Education, 49, 1055-1067.
- Román, D., Pastor, A., & Basaraba, D. (2019) Internal linguistic discrimination: A survey of bilingual teachers’ language attitudes towards their heritage students’ Spanish Bilingual Research Journal
- Román, D., Briceño, A., & Basaraba, D. (2018) English Learners and the complex language of written science texts: Practical advice for teachers Science Scope, 42(3), 40-46.
- Busch, K. C., & Román, D. (2017) Fundamental climate literacy and the promise of the next generation science standards Teaching and Learning about Climate Change: A Framework for Educators, 121-134. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Gates, Z., Román, D., & Del Rosal, K. (2016) Intercultural bilingual educational policies for transnational Indigenous communities: School experiences of the Wichí- Weenhayek people on the Argentinean-Bolivian border Bilingual Research Journal, 39(3-4), 213-230.