574E Teacher Education Building
- PhD Educational Linguistics, Stanford University, Graduate School of Education, 2014
- MA Linguistics, Stanford University, Department of Linguistics, 2013
- MS Biology, Stanford University, Department of Biology, 2012
- MS Curriculum and Instruction – Teaching English as a Second Language, University of Wisconsin, Whitewater, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, 2005
- BS Agriculture (Ingeniero Agrónomo) Gamma Sigma Delta, Zamorano University, 1998
- Román, D., del Rosal, K., & Basaraba, D. (2019). Constructing Explanations in Science: Informal Formative Assessment Practices among Science Teachers of Emergent Bilinguals. Research in Science Education, 49, 1055-1067.
- Román, D., Pastor, A., & Basaraba, D. (2019). Internal linguistic discrimination: A survey of bilingual teachers’ language attitudes towards their heritage students’ Spanish. Bilingual Research Journal
- Román, D., Briceño, A., & Basaraba, D. (2018). English Learners and the complex language of written science texts: Practical advice for teachers. Science Scope, 42(3), 40-46.
- Busch, K. C., & Román, D. (2017). Fundamental climate literacy and the promise of the next generation science standards. In D. Shepardson, A. Roychoudhury, & A. Hirsch (Eds.), Teaching and Learning about Climate Change: A Framework for Educators (pp. 121-134). New York, NY: Routledge.
- Gates, Z., Román, D., & Del Rosal, K. (2016). Intercultural bilingual educational policies for transnational Indigenous communities: School experiences of the Wichí- Weenhayek people on the Argentinean-Bolivian border. Bilingual Research Journal, 39(3-4), 213-230.