Mary Louise Gomez
456D Teacher Education Building
225 N Mills St
Madison, WI 53706-1707
- Ph D Curriculum and Instruction (Teacher Education), University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1985
- M Ed Curriculum and Instruction (with teacher certification K-6), University of Vermont, 1975
- BA Political Science, University of Vermont, 1974
- Gomez, M. L., & Lachuk, A. S. (2019). Emotions, teaching, and teacher education, and social justice. In Gomez, M. L., Lachuk, A. S. (Ed.), Teachers College Record Yearbook Series
- Gomez, M. L., & Johnson Lachuk, A. (2018). Cultivating an informed empathy: An aspiring teacher examines his talk and actions. The European Educational Researcher, 1(2), 23-39.
- Gomez, M. L., (2018). Critically reflecting on the discourses that guide our thinking, speaking, and actions: Developing a new literacy.. Scholars Speak Out (an invited submission). Journal of Language and Literacy Online Publication/Abstract.
- Gomez, M. L., & Lachuk, A. S. (2018). “The roar that lies on the other side of silence”: Developing dissonance, uncertainty, and compassion for diverse learners in aspiring teachers. Teaching Education Online Publication/Abstract.
- Gomez, M. L., (2016). The promise and limits of service learning: How are aspiring teachers of color and those who are children of Immigrants affected?. Journal of Educational Thought and Practice, 6(1), 19-32.
- Gomez, M. L., Johnson Lachuk, A., & Powell, S. N. (2015). The interplay between service learning and the ideological becoming of aspiring educators who are marked as different. Teaching and Teacher Education, 47, 162-172.
- Gomez, M. L., Ocasio, K., Johnson Lachuk, A., & Powell, S. N. (2015). The “battlefield”: life histories of two higher education staff members of color. Urban Review, 47(4), 676-695.
- Gomez, M. L., (2014). Examining discourses of an aspiring teacher of color in the figured world of schooling. Teacher Education Quarterly, 41(1), 45-62.
- Gomez, M. L., Carlson, J. R., Foubert, J., & Powell, S. N. (2014). It’s not them; it’s me: Contradictions in aspiring teachers’ consciousness. Teaching Education, 25(3), 334-347.